Last night I made this no-cook salad, perfect for a hot evening. I used leftover chicken from the previous night and peaches from our peach picking adventure.
Chicken, Peach, Feta, and Spinach Salad
Makes 2 servings
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- Coarse kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 4 cups baby spinach, about 3.5 ounces
- Leftover cooked chicken from Tandoori Flavored Chicken with Fresh Peach Chutney, cut into bite sized pieces
- 1 small avocado, peeled, cut into bite sized pieces
- 1/3 –1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1 large peach or 2 small peaches, sliced
- 2 –4 tablespoons pecans
Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
- Mix the mustard and vinegar in a small bowl or glass measuring cup. Gradually whisk in the oil. Season the dressing to taste with salt and pepper.
- In a large bowl combine the spinach and chicken. Add enough dressing to season to taste and toss to coat the spinach. Add the avocado, feta, peach, and pecans and toss gently, Taste and adjust the seasonings. Serve right away.