For a super quick and tasty dinner, I mixed pasta with the eggplant, pepper, and tomato sauce leftover from a couple of nights before. Soft fresh goat cheese added creaminess, and to freshen it, a handful of fragrant herbs. We liked it every bit as much as the first meal, maybe even a little more.
Penne with Eggplant, Peppers, and Goat Cheese
- 4 ounces gluten-free penne pasta
- Leftover eggplant, pepper, and tomato sauce from Albacore Tuna with Eggplant, Peppers, and Tomatoes
- ¼ cup crumbled fresh goat cheese
- Minced fresh marjoram or basil
- Bring a large pot three-fourths full of salted water to a boil. Add the pasta, stir well, and cook until just tender but still firm to the bite, about 11 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat the eggplant, pepper, and tomato sauce in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat until warmed through.
- Reserve ½ cup of the pasta cooking liquid, and then drain the pasta. Add the pasta to the sauce, and stir to coat, adding pasta cooking liquid if needed to moisten. Add the cheese and toss just until starting to soften. Divide the pasta and sauce between 2 warmed bowls. Sprinkle with marjoram and serve right away.